Where My Love of Vintage Started...

I've loved old things for as long as I can remember.  I remember picking up objects that belonged to my great-grandmother (that would be Isobelle, by the way) and being engrossed by the stories she'd tell me about them.  I guess the main reason I love vintage things is the history.  You don't get that with knick-knacks from IKEA now, do you?

Both the cheeky chappy and Enid Blyton books above are treasures that I bought in charity shops when I was little.  They now live in the room that I stay in when I visit my grandmother.  It's full of kitsch deer ornaments and trinkets that both myself and my sister have accumulated over the years.  The room just happens to be Isobelle's old bedroom too.  There's so much history floating around inside those four walls; it's intoxicating.

I've always been exposed to car boot sales and charity shops.  And I've grown up collecting things too; starting with TY Beanie Babies and Wade Whimseys and progressing to cute teacups and kitsch deer in any form.  Just typing this has got my adrenaline levels soaring.  Last weekend heralded the start of the car boot season and I can't wait to get stuck in, rummaging around for special pieces with real stories to tell.

Setting up Isobelle's Pantry has allowed me to indulge in my enthusiasm for vintage and to share my passion with like-minded people too.  Why not leave me a comment about where your love for vintage started? :)

Comments

Popular Posts